On August 6, 2021 PMA-Burkina Faso organized an exchange meeting with members of the Association of Journalists and Communicators in Population and Development (AJCPD, in French). This meeting allowed journalists to learn about PMA's Phase 2 results, following the national and regional dissemination workshops held respectively on July 19 and 26 in Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso.
Boureima SANGA, AJCPD Coordinator, was pleased with the meeting and reaffirmed the availability of his association to accompany the PMA Project team in disseminating the results of the PMA platform research data. These newly published results will allow AJCPD members to provide the public and policy makers information based on scientific evidence and very useful to inform decision making.
In order to help AJCPD members do this supporting work, PMA-Burkina Faso intends to organize a training session on data use through DataLab for them in the near future. During the meeting, the PMA-Burkina Faso research team presented the modern contraceptive prevalence rate (mCPR) among women in union in Burkina Faso. According to PMA's latest research, this rate rose from 28.1% in February 2020 to 31.9% in March 2021, demonstrating a significant increase in the mCPR after a year of decline.
At the end of the meeting, AJCPD members produced several articles that report on PMA-Burkina Faso Phase 2 results:
- AJCPD Facebook: https://bit.ly/2W52h3F
- L’Observateur Paalga : https://bit.ly/2VJD2nb
- Directinfo Burkina: https://bit.ly/3ywVBcW
- Lefaso.net: https://bit.ly/3xBAlBE
- Libreinfo : https://bit.ly/3xAMMxm
- QueenMAFA : https://bit.ly/3jX6HCb
- Burkina24 : https://bit.ly/3lPnidx
- Partenariat de Ouagadougou : https://bit.ly/3sfC8er
- Faso7 : https://bit.ly/2W8kMEL
- Sidwaya : https://bit.ly/3AZ461p
- Aouga.com: https://bit.ly/2W7uXci